An Adventurous Life, Robert Culpepper
Today’s interview is with Robert Culpepper, a true international serial entrepreneur––a world traveler with a penchant to “…live it before he tries to sell it…!” Robert’s been involved in publishing, engineering design, manufacturing, mobile marketing and app development, on-air radio production and broadcasting, international franchising… and more.
He has been both an Expat Entrepreneur and an Expat Employee, and he can help you on your Expat quest.
Robert started his first business at age 16, though he had already had jobs from age 14. Over his 7-year period of university education, Robert worked in such glamorous roles as a busboy, janitor, pizza delivery driver and lifeguard.
He was a key player in numerous small-business start-ups––from a San Diego consulting firm to a bio-tech software company in Oxford, England. He’s also worked as a corporate executive in two (2) Fortune 500 companies in Silicon Valley CA. In his last assignment he was recruited from France to launch one of the largest “Daily Deal” companies in the Southwest region of the UK.
Robert’s inner entrepreneur drove him to start his first business at age 16, and grew through a series of successful ventures, among them the following:
- Selling CD’s through his own mail-order brochure
- Selling and installing door ‘peep holes’––cold-calling homeowners in wealthy neighborhoods with drill in hand
- Owning a vending machine route in San Diego CA
- Joining a team that originated the idea of using the Internet to sell MLM products (in 1995!)
- Importing products from Indonesia and selling them in his day spa in San Clemente CA
- Researching, writing, and publishing several blogs including ExpatWisdom.com, SprungBoxMedia.com, SprungBoxMobile.com, HighFlyingApps.com (registered mobile app developer for Apple iTunes and Google), ExpatMatchMaker.com, LearnToMeditate.com
- Certified Mind-Body Educator graduate of Dr. Deepak Chopra, and taught meditation courses in California, England, Spain and France
- Author of Up Your Business NOW!, a business book sold through Amazon.com and directly from his site, UpYourBusinessNow.com
- Graduating from Corporate Coach U in 2002 and founding The International School of Coaching in CoachVille Spain (Barcelona) that eventually was expanded to17 Spanish-speaking countries
- As Managing Director of his International School of Coaching, Robert structured a deal with a Spanish entity and sold it in 2008
Robert has lived in 5 countries including: California’s Silicon Valley, USA; Perth, Western Australia; Oxford and Bristol, England; Barcelona, Spain and Pau in Southwest France.
His travels have taken him to more than 40 countries and his first ‘international’ adventure lasted 2 years as he circled the globe in search of new adventures. He understands the challenges and fears expats encounter when considering a move to a foreign land. If you’re wondering how you are going to make money, integrate into the culture, raise your children, learn a new language, or anything else associated with becoming an expat, Robert’s probably done it! If he hasn’t, he can introduce you to someone who can help!